Quarterly or six monthly health checks provide you with the peace of mind and reassurance that your computer is running efficiently and is up-to-date in the defence against malicious hackers.
What is included?
Unlike other companies who use health checks as a means of identifying work that needs to be done, the Dayba health check fixes and resolves any minor issues it finds.
In carrying out a health check we do the following;
- Virus check the computer from a known clean system, which will reveal any viruses that are disabling your anti virus software*
- Run anti spyware software from inside and outside the system, this will mop up any malicious files that the virus check hasn’t removed, and reset settings it finds that have been changed by malicious software.*
- One of our engineers will inspect the system for any abnormalities
- Update windows with the latest service packs and fixes issued by Microsoft
- Update any other software that you request
- If not already present, with your consent, install an anti virus, firewall, and anti spyware software
- Ensure that your virus checker and anti spyware software is up-to-date
*Please note that manual removal of malicious software and fixing other hardware / software problems is not included in the price.
Protecting the data on your computer is of utmost priority. In order to secure your data, where possible, we make an exact copy of your entire hard disk before carrying out any major work.
Why is it important to run regular health checks?
Prevention is far better than the cure. Most of the problems with windows that to led major attacks on people’s computers in the last few years, had already been fixed by Microsoft before the attack happened.
Microsoft goes to great lengths to ensure that they release updates before vulnerabilities are used for large scale attacks. Staying up-to-date with current updates will give you peace of mind that you have done as much as you can to protect yourself.
Preventing malicious software from getting onto your system is the best way of protecting your computer. If something slips through the net it can often sit dormant for several months, downloading other software or transmitting information about you and your financial details, before it does anything nasty to your computer.
Regularly checking to see what is running behind the scenes not only reveals what has slipped through the net, but it can often highlight legitimate software that is slowing your computer down.
If you don’t feel technically confident to do all this yourself, having us do a health check every 6 months is a good way of ensuring that you will be one step ahead of the hackers.